BDS known as ‘Bachelor of Dental Surgery’ is a four year course and one year internship. The Government of India conducts AIPMT exams for the medical students. The exam is distributed into four subjects – Biology – Botany and Zoology, Physics, and Chemistry. The time duration for this particular exam is 3 hours. It consists of 200 multiple choice questions which are categorized into 50 from each subject. If you are determined to give this exam then you need to prepare well.
General Guidelines for the Preparation of BDS exams
Here are some guidelines that a candidate must have to follow if he/she want to clear the BDS exam:-
- The candidates will have to prepare a better study plan in order to compete with other students. It is a difficult exam therefore it is good for you to take coaching for any certified institute.
- The best way to cover the full syllabus is to make short notes. Categorize the notes into hard topics and easy topics. Prepare the hard topics first and then the easy ones.
- The students must have to increase their problem solving speed because they have to solve a large number of questions within a limited interval of time.
- You need to spend about 6 to 7 hours of a day for study as well as proper rest should be taken to remain healthy and fit for the exam.
- The candidates must have to search for previous year papers and solve them properly. There are some questions which repeat themselves year after year.
BDS Exam Pattern
The exam consists of 200 questions of multiple choice and you have to solve all these questions within the given time that is three hours. You have to be well prepared for these questions. There is no negative marking in this examination which is a plus point for the applicants. Each question carries equal marks distribution with 1 mark. The candidates can have option to attempt this examination in 2 different languages – English and Hindi.
‘Bachelor of Dental Surgery’ (BDS) is a good career option after 12th class. But the entrance examination for this particular course is very difficult. The competition is also very tough as so many students give this exam every year. So you need to prepare well for these exams. Wish you a great luck to all the applicants!